Photo Competition 2021
Entries for the 2021 WRMS Photographic Competition
Click on a thumbnail to see the full size version. Image details are below the thumbnails.
- 9F 92134 had replaced the 25 at Grosmont on the late running last train from Whitby to Pickering.
20 mins later Repton pulled in having taken 80 mins to run light engine back from Pickering. Driver very upset that signal man had put him into platform 2 rather than 4 which would have meant a quick release to shed. Driver very vocal on how useless Repton steaming. Duty controller had to remind him there were passengers on the train! 9F made the fastest ascent of the bank when we set off.
- 60009 being taken from York to ELR via Wakefield Kirkgate.
Last time on the main line, 13th October 2020.
- On the way to Newcastle in August with a mate who sadly died from Covid-19 in November.
- Braunton seen passing over the Went Valley Viaduct in Ackworth on 19th December 2020 hauling an excursion.
21C146 is a preserved SR West Country Pacific, presently based at Crewe Diesel TMD and operational on the mainline hauling excursions.
- 7822 Foxcote Manor at Glyndyfwdry on the Llangollen Railway, 31st July 2012.
- 8F 48305 approaching Cheddleton on the Churnet Valley Railway, 30th May 2004.
- Welsh Guardsman has almost finished a long day of Santa trains at the Embsay & Bolton Abbey in late December 2020. The Austerity 0-6-0T had arrived the previous week from the Severn Valley Railway.
- Blanche crossing the Cob at Porthmadog on the Festiniog Railway, 8th August 2020.
- London Road Models kit built J6 64271 of Ardsley Shed passing Arnthorpe Signal Box with J50 68934 of Tetleys Mills watching over proceedings in the background on Tony’s OO scale layout Wakefield West.
The J50 was acquired from Dave Shakespeare’s estate through Gilbert Barnatt of Peterborough North fame and it holds a special place on my layout as Dave was very kind to me on RMWeb when getting started on my layout. The J6 was my first etched brass kit loco build.
The image was taken using focus stacking techniques though leaving the background slightly out of focus to draw the eye main subject. It was imported into Photoshop to combine the focus stacked images, extend the backdrop image to the sky and correct some of the focus stacking artefacts. No manipulation of the image itself in terms of the subjects or the layout were made.
- Alcos in the Mist. The steam generator van is doing its best to warm the stock as ALSA 2150 and 2148 ready themselves for the 3rd day of PTG’s ALCOholic 5 tour from Zafra to Madrid via Mérida, Puertollano, Manzanares and Alcázar de San Juan. 27th January 2020.
This photo is proof that I can get out of bed early – sometimes!
- BR 9F 2-10-0 92214 at Quorn station on the GCR in 2014.
- Flying Scotsman at Carnforth in 1982. This image was influenced by Each One A Glimpse, a favourite from back in the day! It has been converted from colour, cropped and 3 photographers cloned out as their clothing wasn’t railway enough.
This photo by Malcolm Braim wasn’t entered into the competition to save any controversy over whether cloning out elements is an editing step too far. Opinions please.