60 Squares Challenge
WRMS will celebrate 60 years of its formation in 2018 a remarkable achievement for any society or club and a testament to the long lasting nature of the past time. The 60 square Challenge is offered as a competition that every member local, country or associate could become involved.
The basic idea is that a model, working or diorama can be constructed in any scale or gauge. The limitation is that the foot print of the completed model / diorama cannot be greater than 60 squares. Each of the squares has been set at 5cm by 5cm creating a maximum footprint of 1500 square cm.
This should allow members to enter irrespective of the scale in which they model or give an opportunity to try out a new scale!
The competition will run from January to Monday October 9th 2018. On that date formal forms will be available at the club rooms or download from the club website. This will create an entry list and enable the exhibition team to allocate space in the 2018 exhibition. That still gives around 3 more weeks to complete your models but gives the exhibition team the planning time they need.
This competition does not mean all the other club competitions are not running this year. Indeed it is envisaged that a canny member may use the 60 square challenge to show structures, rolling stock etc that could be entered for other competition classes.
There will be a separate junior section.
|1||Storyline, concept, theme||15 marks|
|3||Construction of structure/rolling stock items *||30 marks|
|5||Presentation base||5 marks|
* This does not mean ready to run items or pre built items are excluded. However to score more highly in this section then how the item is modified, detailed, painted etc will come into consideration.
Entries do not need to be entered to be ‘judged’ but as an opportunity to do something as a member for the 60th year.
- The entry must be constructed in the period Jan to Nov 2018. Structures, rolling stock etc can be used from existing stocks. There is no need to buy in new stock especially for this competition.
- The footprint must not exceed 1500 square cm. The footprint can be configured in any shape.
- There is no restriction in height.
- All structures, rolling stock, vegetation must be contained within the 1500 square cm maximum footprint. Overhanging elements will be counted within the 1500 square cm overall footprint.
- If entry is powered, power pack can be separate to the 1500 square cm footprint.
The competition is open to members who have paid their subscriptions by October 9th 2018. Members not able to attend the club rooms but wish to enter will be able to download a competition form from the website after October 9th.